Sunday, April 10, 2011

Got it! A new PB on the way to the Gold Coast Marathon :-)

Ran the Canberra Half Marathon this morning and managed to grab myself an unoffcial personal best time of 1 hour and 38mins 30 seconds. Previous personal best time was 1 hour and 40mins. Not a huge difference but a personal best is a personal best so I am very happy with the result and my fitness to date.

Next step is a week of rest and then on towards the Gold Coast Marathon 42.2kms on the 3rd of July 2011.

Thank you for all of your support up to this point and I look forward to sharing the rest of the journey with you over the coming three months :-)

All the very best, Simon.

PS: more of a wrap up in the next day or so :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Simon. I've been following your blog for a few months now and I had a big smile when I saw you had achieved your goal for a PB in the half

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done mate, a very good and fast effort. I might start a rumour that you are the new favourite to win the Gold Coast Marathon ;-)

    ReplyDelete