Sunday, July 3, 2011

Its D Day, the Gold Coast Marathon is here!

The Gold Coast Marathon is here!

The only thing is I am not running :-(

I am at Australias Gold Coast, eating breakfast with my fiance, and just about to head out the door to catch the bus which will take us to the start line.

Although i am not running due to a back injury sustained several weeks ago, my fiance is running the half marathon which starts at 6am (It is currently 4:50am). We both pan to watch the fulle marathon which starts at 7:10am.

The weather is calm and cool with no clouds or chance of rain it is set to be an amazing day with tops temps of 21degrees, god I love the gold coast, coming from Canberra where no doubt it is minus 6degrees right now!

Anyway before we miss the bus, to all though competing and completing the half, the 5km, and the full marathon all the very best. I hope you make it from the couch to the finish line!

I will be chearing for you from the side line and next year I will be there running beside you :-)
Best regards,
Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment