Thursday, March 3, 2011

Slow week in training but still on track with less than 4 months to go!

This week has been a slow week...I felt pretty tired due to study and work commitments. Lucky it was a walk/run week for me so I could take it fairly easy. I managed a 40min walk and a 60min walk/run on Sunday. Why is running on flat ground harder then running on hills??? I have been running hills for the last few weeks and now that I want to run on flatter round it is really difficult. As the Canberra Half gets closer I am going to spend more time running on flatter ground to adapt to the race like conditions. And so to for the Gold Coast Marathon. Running hills is great for building power and speed but to be ready for the race I will need to mimic race conditions which i both cases are dead flat. So next week I will be out of the hills and down on the flat. More then likely running around the lake which definitely has it benefits :-)

Next week I also plan to post an interview with Michelle Wu, one of Canberra's shining stars of the triathlon world. Michelle will share some tips on training for endurance events, how she builds for major events and how she tapers to peak at just the right time! (Or maybe she will keep those tips a secret? Tune in next week to find out!)

Below is a short video from Pat Carrel, who is a fantastic coach and has some valuable tips on training for longer distances. This video is especially good for those who would like to run further then they have before. Hope you enjoy.

Have a great week, Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment